Skip to main content

ROFFS Artist of the Year 2017-2018

Sepia sailfish (c) Kelly Reark
© 2017 Kelly Reark, Sepia Sailfish. Acrylic on fiberglass.

Kelly Reark Chosen as 2017-2018 ROFFS Artist of the Year

In a press release on November 16, the announcement was made that I won the Artist of the Year title at ROFFS™. What an honor to be among this elite group of artists!

ROFFS™ annually selects an artist to feature as "Artist of the Year." The purpose of this honor is to develop a mutually beneficial relationship with artists in the marine community. Artists are selected based on a variety of objective and subjective criteria. ROFFS™ promotes the Artist of the Year and does not get a commission or any direct financial benefit from this. They just love really great marine art! Previous recipients have been Don Ray, Steve Goione, Carey Chen, Kevin Brant, Barry Barnett, Daniel Jean-Baptiste, Mark Ray, Tony Ludovico, Judy Shillingburg, Larry Rackley, David Mellor, Dustin Cole, Dennis Friel and Adrian Gray.

Click here to go to the ROFFS™ website to learn more! 
Please email me for a copy of the press release.
ROFFS Services and Artist of the Year
Roffer’s Ocean Fishing Forecasting Service, Inc. (ROFFS™) is a scientific consulting company based in West Melbourne, Florida that is involved with fisheries oceanography, environmental science, and satellite remote sensing. Founded in 1986 by Mitchell A. Roffer (Ph.D.) in Miami, Florida, ROFFS™ is best known for tactical and strategic fisheries forecasts that are the result of the integration of satellite and other fisheries oceanographic data. However, ROFFS™ is intensively involved in a broad range of projects from ship routing, oil and gas drilling operations, seismic and fish surveys, fisheries development, aquaculture, environmental monitoring, and applied scientific research.
Bahamas Royalty Permit copyright 2017 Kelly Reark fish mount 6 detail

BTT Recap

Thank you to all of you that stopped by my booth to talk with me about my tattooed fish mounts and my work. I am overjoyed to have donated more than $12,000 to the Bonefish & Tarpon Trust.
© 2017 Kelly Reark, Bahamas Royalty Permit. Acrylic on fiberglass fish mount (36" Permit)
Working Bonefish & Tarpon Trust has been a wonderful opportunity for me to connect with like-minded people and to contribute to the science and mission of BTT:  Conservation through research, stewardship, education and advocacy. To those that bid on my fish mounts, thank you so very much.

Sign up for my VIP Patrons email.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2019 World's Richest Tarpon Tournament

Each year that I create the artwork for the World’s Richest  Tarpon   Tournament , it is a very special honor to me. I love the Boca Grande fishery for so many reasons. The people I’ve fished with and the exhilaration of catching the mighty silver king are priceless. We are blessed to live in such a special place where the  tarpon  pile up and present us with the spectacle of huge rolling and feeding schools. Watching the crabs run on the tide or a fish evading a large and looming shadow of a bull or hammerhead are sights common here, unlike anywhere else. When I sit back in my chair on a drift off the pass, I often think about my previous  tarpon  experiences. Every single one was an event shared with friends and loved ones that I truly cherish. Fishing is as much about people and relationships as it is about the fish.  This year is a year of setting sons for our fishery. A few of the boats and people that I grew up fishing with or next to will no longer be in the P

Shirt Launch

In March, 2019, Kelly launched a line of wearable artwork in a collaboration with FRIO Ice Chests and Visual Promotions brand. Visit  https://kellyreark.frioicechests.com  to check out all of the designs. New items added regularly - follow Kelly on Instagram and Facebook for product launches.  Wholesaler opportunities - please inquire - www.kellyreark.com Reigning Silver  Tarpon Hammerhead Hide Buy some new gear! Cool info about my shirts: The solar performance long sleeve shirt offers superior sun protection and performance qualities featuring UPF 50+ solar protection. This long sleeve tee is lightweight, comfortable, and extremely durable. The fabric features moisture-wicking technology developed to keep you dry while you are out on the water. UPF 50+ 100% Polyester Interlock Moisture Wicking  Odor Resistant  Stain Release Technology  Ultra Tight Knit Resists Snagging Generously sized with ample sleeve length  Hand

Kelly Reark on transforming a fish mount

Tarpon fever - What a transformation! I spent a lot of time with this mini tarpon. It came from the 2003 World's Richest Tarpon Tournament captain's trophy. Through the years, it took a lot of sun and weathering. I used apoxie sculpting medium to patch the holes and chipped paint, and I sanded and sanded to make the body smooth again. Several coats of paint followed several coats of primer, and I finished with four coats of high gloss sealing varnish. I completely changed the look of this tarpon because I wanted it to be a Boca Grande Pass tarpon. Using photos from fish caught here in the Pass, I gave him the seaglass green, gold and silvery hues we love to see flashing f... To read the rest of this newsletter or to subscribe, please click here. https://mailchi.mp/9199c74d4589/wet-paint-reark-5028030